Topic

83-year-old ‘Nimblewill Nomad’ becomes oldest to trek Appalachian Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique 83-year-old ‘Nimblewill Nomad’ becomes oldest to trek Appalachian Trail

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

M. C
    BPL Member

@bluemtns

Awesome story – what an inspiration for us as our bodies age. Thanks, John, for posting!

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Great journey and motivation.

I know my old backpacking group got sparse with seniors, so maybe this will motivate some to stay healthier

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting him back in April as he was passing through Fontana Village, about to head into the Smokies.  I’ve followed his journals for years now so it was pretty exciting to finally meet and talk to him.

One young thru hiker we spoke with spent a few days on trail with him and the kid says “yeah, well he’s Platinum Blazing, often having people pick him up and staying with them overnight”.  At 83, he gets a pass as far as I’m concerned.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

After having spent many weeks of my life section-hiking the AT (some rewarding, some not), I think Pt-blazing would be an A-OK way to do the AT. Count me in 😂

Eb’s gonna be on our podcast soon. Stay tuned. He’s a treat. One of the good guys.

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

Eb’s gonna be on our podcast soon.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>AWESOME!  Looking forward to this.  Yeah, the guy has done more than his fair share of sleeping on the ground and poopin’ in the woods. He’s entitled to do it however he chooses</p>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools