Topic

looking for someone willing to ship to Europe

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
PostedOct 12, 2013 at 4:23 am

I'm looking to buy something. Since I am from Europe and here it's not available overhere, I am looking in the US where it is available. However, that particular brand is prohibited from shipping outside the US. So now, I am looking for someone in the US whose whilling to act as an in-between person (so shipping from the store to him/her and then from him/her to me). All the costs associated with such a chain are for me naturally and I have a Paypal-account. Anybody willing to that ?

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedOct 12, 2013 at 5:58 am

I may be able to help, what website would you be ordering from?

PostedOct 12, 2013 at 6:38 am

It's not decided yet. I was currently just looking for someone willing to do that. Now I can search further to it but I seem to remember that I could find it with Marmot Mountain Works and Amazon. But that's not the final list.

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedOct 12, 2013 at 6:45 am

I lived in Belgium before moving to the Us and the Belgian customs often charged a 25euro processing fee on top on taxes on the insured value.

PostedOct 12, 2013 at 6:54 am

Yes, I know, but sometimes you get lucky and you don't have to pay anything (so also no duties and VAT). It's a lottery.

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedOct 12, 2013 at 8:57 am

If Stephen is busy, I can do it. We have a great local PO. No lines and only 5 blocks away.

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedOct 12, 2013 at 11:38 am

It is a lottery Tom.

If its marked as a gift it helps.

David Thomas BPL Member
PostedOct 12, 2013 at 12:12 pm

>"If its marked as a gift it helps."

If it's WRAPPED like a gift, that helps even more. You could just use Sunday comic pages and write "Happy late Birthday!" or "Here's your Christmas Party early for a change!"

In so many cases where you are skirting the rules, it is all about appearances.

My best "non-trail, Trail Angel" effort this last year was bringing over two 50-pound packages as free bags and then mailing them in the German post to a German friend for about 22 Euros instead of $400 to ship them from the USA. But my next Europe trip is not until March.

I've done the reship thing for people, but I'm in Alaska, so the USA portion is often more.

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedOct 12, 2013 at 12:17 pm

just when shipping onwards Tom, as far as I remember with a gift 40-50euro is exempt, it's on insured value they catch people on, lower value items normally get through.

What David recomnends helps also.

Also you are more likely to pay the admin fee if sent to a business address, I learned that the hard way.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Loading...