Topic

Cold Rain and Snow in Desolation Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Cold Rain and Snow in Desolation Wilderness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

This past weekend, David W., James W. and I headed to Desolation Wilderness for a quick backpacking trip. I recently created a blog and posted the trip report there. The blog is still very much a work in progress and I'm just using one of their basic templates for now, but here's the link….

http://thewindblowshigh.blogspot.com/2013/09/cold-rain-and-snow-in-desolation.html

Dave T

@davet

Nice quick trip!

Sometimes there is nothing better than dry clothes and a warm sleeping bag.

Andrew F

@andrew-f

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Even the bad weather is good weather in California…

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Sounds like a great trip Chris, James and David. Hopefully that bad weather was a look into the future because California needs snow and rain for sure! My sons B-day was super crazy and sorry I had to miss the trip.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

You took what I call the Lily Lake Trail but the FS still calls it and the more popular trail past the parking lot, the Glen Alpine TH, which if you had driven a few hundred yards further where there was paved parking and all, the proper TH would have started there. Nice pics, all the colors stood out well. I was at Susie in late July on my solo vacation, next to last night there. I did a loop out of Eagle Falls TH, down to Camper Flat, north to Buck Island, XC to Highland, over the mountain then to Lake #5? was it, then back over the mountain to Schmidell, then to Susie. Not many people out. I camped by myself for three nights.
    Duane

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Nice!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools