Topic

Machine washing trail runners

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Dennis Park BPL Member
PostedSep 22, 2013 at 8:33 am

After hosing down shoes and getting bulk debris removed, are there any tips you guys can give about machine washing trail runners? I guess, first of all, does it work?

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedSep 22, 2013 at 10:12 am

Insoles, laces out. Air dry. Works for me for decades. Put a towel in there with them. Laces in a lingerie bag if you have one. Mild detergent plus a little borax if extra funky.

PostedSep 23, 2013 at 5:12 am

I have washed running shoes without incident for years. But, we bought a new front loader with some "ultra clean" cycle. I threw in my new Merrill's and the heel support melted. As it turns out the super clean cycle is super hot.

Someone has mentioned to me putting them in the freezer to kill bacteria – nice idea. Haven't done it yet.

Ben Wortman BPL Member
PostedSep 23, 2013 at 5:55 am

I have done this for years also with no problems. You might want to have your machine set on extra rinse or run an extra rinse cycle. I washed a pair this summer, then I went walking around locally in the rain. My shoes started foaming up pretty profusely from the residual soap. I looked like I had marshmallows on my feet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...