Topic

Metal tube

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
PostedSep 11, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I am starting to work on an idea and I need small food-safe metal tubing with a OD under 1/4" and as thin of a sidewall as possible.

The problem is every "metal" site I go to looks like my little brother designed it and my "Spidey-sense" won't let me enter my CC information.

Does anyone have a source that they have used confidently that may stock small gauge metal tubing as described?

Thanks.

PostedSep 11, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Thanks James,

Mcmaster-Carr would have been my "go-to", but they don't seem to carry anything smaller than 1/4 OD in material appropriate for food contact.

onlinemetal.com was one of the sites that gave me the heebie-jeebies, so I am glad to hear they are an actual business and not a guy in his basement with a CC reader. :)

Any other suggestions?

James Marco BPL Member
PostedSep 11, 2013 at 6:56 pm

McMaster-Carr has a wide variety of stainless tubing. A lot is less than 1/4"
It can be boiled to sterilize it if this is a problem.

PostedSep 11, 2013 at 8:13 pm

James!

When I searched McMaster-Carr stainless I was looking in "round tube".

Turns out there was a separate category labeled "small-diameter round tube" and "miniature round tube".

Thanks to all the James that made this possible!

PostedSep 11, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Do a web search fro hypodermic tubing. Ultra tough & stiff steel, thin walled tubing and they can come in larger diameters. Best regards – Jon

PostedSep 12, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Thanks Jon.

I would not have thought about that as a search term, but it has opened up a whole bunch of possibilities.

A tip of the hat to the letter "J".

M B BPL Member
PostedSep 14, 2013 at 12:27 am

Ive purchased several items of round stock at various times in the past from onlinemetals.com to turn parts.

Totally satisfied with them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...