Topic

New Balance Leadville MT1210 Runners Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable New Balance Leadville MT1210 Runners Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for the info/reply Roger.

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

As far as I can tell these are discontinued now …. not on NB site and some dealer sites list as discontinued …. These are my new goto shoe after searching for a long time, my last fav shoes being the Montrail hard rock that was infamously discontinued … just a heads up if you're into these as well…. grabbem up!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> As far as I can tell these are discontinued now …. not on NB site
    Not according to NB themselves. And I just bought 3 pairs in my size from their new stock. OK for 2014 they say. Oh well.

Cheers

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

OK … looks like they are between versions? …. the red / black and blue versions are out and a black version is coming out in march ….I don't see anything on NB, but finding the new version with out of stock till 3/1 messages …. looks the same except for colors … can't find anything regarding 2014 / 2015 model update ….

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=N1210M2

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

I like that color a lot better than the old ones. Good to know there will be continuing it.

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

Weird they would 404 the product URL when they're just doing a color update … anyways …. wondering if I really need the 5 pairs I just bought …. haha. Like red better then black … so maybe I will keep them. )

Here's a better pic of the new color … this auction is done but saw another one that was still live … http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MENS-NEW-BALANCE-MT1210BK-TRAIL-SHOES-BLACK-SIZE-9-5-/271376454422?nma=true&si=M7YwoLvXlkTykHtgajtr3DX%252FEtc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Trace

Are you checking the New Balance web site or a distributor's web site? I have no idea what a distributor might be doing – THEY might stop selling a model for any reason.

Cheers

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

The NW site, I believe, unless I'm mistaken … here's the 1210 page, it now 404s …. http://www.newbalance.com/Leadville-1210/MT1210,default,pd.html

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Trace, that's just an old page. Try this one: http://www.newbalance.com/Leadville-1210/leadville,default,pg.html

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

Doug, I saw that page … but it only has the women's shoes … no good links for the men's to buy from since they appear to have taken it down until they do the refresh … which is why I was confused. :) It seems like companies will usually keep a product page up but have an out of stock or similar message…

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Doug, I saw that page"

Ah, I didn't hit the buy button. You're right, a bit strange!

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Check out joes for the men's 1210. Just stay away from the women's until I can stock up…..

http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/search_results.asp

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

Thanks Jennifer …. might want to check out 6pm.com … they're $67 for guys … wait, just checked no they aren't … they went up to $79 …. haha. I'll take the win. :)

Subtotal (5 Items):
    Standard Ground Shipping:
    Collected Tax:
    $334.95
    $0.00
    $26.80
    Order Total: $361.75

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

These are the first pair of New Balance shoes that I have ever worn out the soles and have the uppers still looking pretty new. Less than 350 miles and they are flat/smooth. The Vibram soles are a disappointment. Worse than some of the NB own soles through the years. Been wearing NB for 30 years. I love the fit on these, but wish the soles were better.

Gerald L
    Spectator

@mtngeronimo

Locale: SoCal

'I'm a big fan of New Balance. Here's a free piece of advice: go to a NB retail store and try on their different lasts. This is the key to finding a good fit for your particular foot size/type. Once you lock into that, then it's a trivial exercise to simply find the shoe in that last for your specific needs.'

How do you try on a shoe last? As far as I know a shoe last is a mold for forming shoes around. Is this an anatomical shell used for fitting that NB refers to as a last? If so is this specific to NB or do other companies offer it as well?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

> How do you try on a shoe last?
    Well, you are right of course. What you do is try on several NB shoes made with different lasts but with exactly the same sizing to see which one fits your foot best. NB have some good explanations about the lasts if you search around their web site a bit. Just as examples, one last gives a high arch while another gives a lower arch, one last gives a wide heel while another last gives a narrow heel.

> is this specific to NB or do other companies offer it as well?
    The smaller shoe companies do not offer this: they do not have the production volume to make using different lasts (or for that matter different shoe widths) economic. So they offer just one width (typically D) and one last. If that combination suits you, fine. If it does not, well, tough, the shoe won't suit you and may give you blisters.

Cheers

Gerald L
    Spectator

@mtngeronimo

Locale: SoCal

Thank you for the reply Roger. I had never truly considered the process that goes behind shoe design before reading this thread and learning about shoe lasts. Certainly makes sense now as to why the same brand of shoe will fit differently between models. I guess that it why some people report of buying several pair of their favorite shoe at a time – to stock up before the maker 'breaks the mold'. I had a pair of NB in the past that were a good fit but when I went to try on a similar but 'new release' they were no where close to the same fit. I never knew that NB had a code for the lasts. I'm going to do some research about Brooks because I really like the design and fit of the Cascadia 7.

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools