Topic

Vapor Barrier Liner Advice Desperately Sought

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
PostedSep 8, 2013 at 10:23 am

I just asked out a very beautiful snowboarding instructor to dinner. She said yes.

What's the protocol on introducing her to the concept of VBL's? Is it a week?

sw

Travis L BPL Member
PostedSep 8, 2013 at 1:45 pm

VBLs come after teaching her to go no-TP. First things first, my friend.

PostedSep 8, 2013 at 2:41 pm

If she is as beautiful as you say, I'm sure she is already quite familiar with VBL's and probably both the regular and plus size ones..

I jest, I jest. Congrats, hope the date goes well. Try not to plan for the future and take it one moment at a time.

Michael K BPL Member
PostedSep 8, 2013 at 5:10 pm

I'm a bit confused and feeling a little lost…..am I on BPL or Max's facebook wall? :)

M B BPL Member
PostedSep 8, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Of course she said yes, its only Sept. , shes unemployed.

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedSep 8, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Two people can sleep in one bag, with or without a VBL

I don't think VBLs are very useful unless you spend many days in very cold temperatures, like 0 F.

Justin Baker BPL Member
PostedSep 8, 2013 at 8:02 pm

"I don't think VBLs are very useful unless you spend many days in very cold temperatures, like 0 F."

I find that VBLs add a bunch of warmth for their weight. Especially on my feet.
If you can tolerate the sweatyness.

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedSep 8, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I tried VBL at maybe 32 F amd a couple days and it didn't seem to be any better than without.

So maybe it works in that sort of moderate trip, maybe it doesn't?

But I think if you were doing 0 F for 2 weeks VBL would be very good, just based on what I've read

Nick Gatel BPL Member
PostedSep 8, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Guys,

I think Max is speaking about something much different than bakpacking gear. Start over and think about it. Maybe do a little Google research.

:)

PostedSep 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I find that VBLs add a bunch of warmth for their weight. Especially on my feet.

True that; a pair of plastic bags in the snow gave me far more warmth than any socks.

('Course, wearing non-waterproof shoes in slushy snow was probably not the best idea….)

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedSep 8, 2013 at 10:56 pm

"I think Max is speaking about something much different than bakpacking gear. Start over and think about it. Maybe do a little Google research"

yeah, but since he mentioned VBL, the thread drift to VBL is inevitible

Travis L BPL Member
PostedSep 9, 2013 at 6:17 am

>I think Max is speaking about something much different than bakpacking gear. Start over and think about it. Maybe do a little Google research.

I simply didn't want to be the first one to go there. :)

This one could be dual use.Hdhs

PostedSep 9, 2013 at 7:54 am

A thousand points to Matt for getting the reference.

Is it considered "thread drift" when it's more appropriate for the forum than the OP was?

Jason Elsworth BPL Member
PostedSep 9, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Vince Vaughn was so skinny back then.

Apparently people often google a person's name before their first date with them.

Hope you will be back on the road soon.

PostedSep 9, 2013 at 3:50 pm

The bike is fixed this week. Since I can't cross Canada before snowfall, I'll tour around here for a bit and then see the West Coast.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Loading...