Dear all,
I'm looking for a new lightweight tent. I previously owned the Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1 but want to replace it after the poles broke on two consecutive trips with normal use. I'd prefer to save the weight and use my trekking poles, which haven't failed in the years I've used them.
Based on what I've read, I'm interested in Six Moon Designs. Not quite ready yet for a tarp. They have two solo tents:
Lunar Solo 23 oz, $200
http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/tents/LunarSolo.html
Skyscape Trekker, 24 oz, $225
http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/tents/Trekker.html
The Lunar Solo is a single walled shelter, but the Trekker apparently has a "hybrid double wall" design. I've never camped in a single walled shelter, but I've heard that some people have big problems with condensation. Others never seem to have any issues, so I'm unclear on where the truth lies.
Both have received positive reviews, but no one has compared them head to head. Is it worth the extra 1 oz and $25 to get the trekker? Is the hybrid wall just marketing or does it actually work? I don't really care about the price difference, but waking up soaking wet is not very pleasant.

