Topic

Landjaeger, Who’s?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Landjaeger, Who’s?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I've been looking for a supplier of these for a while now. Use to live near a producer, but no more. So it will be mail order from here on out as I have exhausted the local option. I like the traditional, not super spicy variety. Looking forward to your replies.

Oh, the horse meat variety need not be mentioned again.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Mahogany Smoked Meats in Bishop. Duh!

http://www.smokedmeats.com/landjager.html

Worth Donaldson
    BPL Member

@worth

Oh yeah! I like the Pepper Landjager. I buy it in bulk when passing through Wisconsin and store it in the freezer. Two weeks prior to a trip I take out what I need and allow it air dry. I blot off any beads of fat that form with a tissue while drying. Hanging it to dry will concentrate the flavors and decease the weight by about 25%. It reminds me more of pepperoni when eaten cold in this state. Place it beside the fire in the morning and allow it to get hot and it reminds me more of keilbasa sausage. Out in the bush, I store it in a cloth bag to breath and prevent mold growth. The flavor continues to get better with age. It is full of nitrates. I have no idea how long it will keep but I have easily gone 6 weeks out.

https://www.bavariasausage.com/shop/products.php?product_id=356&storecategory_id=54

Ken Ross
    BPL Member

@kr

I buy them from Reuf's Meat Market. No online order form but you can order by phone and have them shipped.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools