Found the perfect tent for me on Ebay, Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1, was described as "new, other" meaning it may be missing original packaging etc, etc.
Box showed up today, opened one end of the box and was hit with an all to familiar smell….cigarette smoke, heavy, Sh*t!!!!
What really gets me boiling is the fact that I passed up a few others on my list o get it and now I have this smelly pile. Funny thing is, it didnt appear to have ever been setup, but the smell is so bad it literally gave me sore throat putting it up(wanted to make sure I didnt miss any other damage) hopefully I'll get a full refund. I initially thought I would just ask for a partial refund to cover the cleaning expense but after putting it up I seriously doubt I will ever get the smell out.
Worst case scenario if I get stuck with this thing, has anyone had any luck with getting stong cigarette odor out without damaging the water proofing?
Why couldnt he have at least been a pipe or cigar smoker…….

