Topic

My ursack seems to have shrunk. New one is 30% larger!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Kevin Burton BPL Member
PostedAug 18, 2013 at 9:48 am

It seems my ursack has shrunk!

I just bought a brand new one so that my guests (this time my niece) can also have a lightweight bear "canister" when they come with me to the woods.

However, the new ursack seems to be about 30% larger by weight.

It's visually larger and I just put the same amount of foot in both and the new sack has 30% room left over.

I could dump a bunch of rice into the new one to measure the volume.

I have never put it through the washing machine or dryer or anything so I'm not sure what is happening here.

I've hand washed it with some luke warm water and soap but I can't imagine that would be a problem.

PS. I'm just about to hit the trail so I won't be able to reply for a week…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...