Topic

Stephenson Tent

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedAug 10, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Does not look all that windy. The guy's jacket is not flapping around. Nor is whatever is hanging in his mouth. Sounds windy, yes.

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedAug 10, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Well since no body mentions their estimates of wind speed and no instruments are being used to measure it…

I've seen blowing ice crystals do that at >20mph wind. Which I don't consider windy. But if you say so, OK.

And thanks for the insight to your personality.

PostedAug 10, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Now that is the kind of wind I modded my Scarp 2 to handle.

We'll see if it is still as good as I think it is this winter at 9,000 ft. on a mountain plateau. It's almost always quite windy up there on Mt. Charleston's North Loop trail.

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedAug 10, 2013 at 11:31 pm

> I've seen blowing ice crystals do that at >20mph wind. Which I don't consider windy.
I was willing to give it 30 mph. Windy, but not all that bad.

Cheers

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedAug 10, 2013 at 11:39 pm

"Windy, but not all that bad."

What does the Caffin Wind Scale look like?

–B.G.–

PostedAug 11, 2013 at 10:06 am

Due to the last few years worth of concerns over declining quality of the Stephenson tents, I'd take a Hilleberg if I were expecting full on exposed stormy madness. I really want an Unna. My wife does not share my enthusiasm.

This video does give some measurements, plus it is just kind of fun to watch.

Youtube video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...