Topic

Yosemite high country..from above

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Yosemite high country..from above

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Caught these as I flew in to SFO yesterday. If you had any doubt about how dry a year it was, these should convince you. The first is Banner, Ritter, and the Minarets, with Garnet, Thousand Island, and Waugh lakes in clear view…through the smoke and haze of the big fire.

IMG-20130803-00113.jpg

The second one is of the Clark Range and Illilouette Canyon, with Mt. Starr King in view as the three bright white granite domes just left of center. The ridge in the back is the area around Isberg and Post Peak Passes.

IMG-20130803-00114.jpg

I could not see any snow at all on Red Peak Pass…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Wow. crispy. Wonder what kind of winter this year will bring.

Alaskaoneday
    BPL Member

@alaskaoneday-2

Locale: Northern CA

I was coming down from Merced Pass to the Valley yesterday through the smoke and came over Red Peak Pass on Wednesday and it was snow free. The smoke was very bad yesterday morning on the way down but started to clear out a bit after 1pm. At least at the pass I got above the smoke but views were very limited most of the time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools