I need a pair of ultralight forceps for fishing… the ones I have are made out of aluminum and way overkill for how I use them.
Anyone have a recommendation?
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
I need a pair of ultralight forceps for fishing… the ones I have are made out of aluminum and way overkill for how I use them.
Anyone have a recommendation?
Google nylon forceps
I just picked up some real light ones at my local harbor freight.
so I can only find nylon forceps in packs of 100… that's a bit overkill :-P
The harbor freight ones are nice and half the weight of my current ones.
According to Mark Millonas, the Orvis Micro Scissors Forceps weigh .6 oz. His post is here:
^
^
^

A word of caution if you are considering a Forceps/Scissor combination like this one.
If you use them to remove hooks keep a Close eye on that nearly invisible 6x tippet relative to the scissors. As a newbie, I cut off a number of flys while removing hooks, and of course I hadn't clamped them, so into the river they went. I no longer use combos. To high-tech for me.
http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=230y
For light weight, these would be nice and all you'd need for
releasing a sticky hook.
Here's how it works:

Become a member to post in the forums.