Topic

Question for Arc Blast users

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
PostedJul 16, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I have a question about my Arc Blast: How do I tension the stays, and how do I know if the proper tension is achieved? I noticed that one side is more bowed than the other. Do I do this with the pack full or empty?

USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedJul 16, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I noticed a very slight difference on mine also. Very stiff to try to adjust, seems to be fine now, but then this coming Thursday, I'll be out for a week, so I'll get to test if fully. Over the Independence Day holiday, it carried fine with upper teens weight wise, I'll have low 20's for my coming trip, depending on water carried. I hiked continuously for 3.5 hours, stopping briefly for water breaks as my old arms cannot access the water bottle pouch unless I partially take the pack off. My shoulders and hips feel no sore spots or rubs. I left my hose off to save that oz. or so and brought a Gatorade bottle which added another bit.
Duane

Mark Hurd BPL Member
PostedJul 16, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Got the following from Z-Packs website.

"The frame is curved to allow air flow and keep your back cushioned from the pack's contents. You can adjust the curve by tensioning the mesh back panel. The recommended arch is about 2.5" (6 cm), but feel free to experiment."

-Mark

PostedJul 17, 2013 at 1:23 am

David,

Sorry I can't find it now, but as I recall, the proper adjustment is with the pack empty.

It's super easy to verify though if you have access to email…just email them; Joe responds VERY quickly.

Piney BPL Member
PostedJul 17, 2013 at 4:59 am

The pack needs to be empty, if it is full you will distort or possibly break the buckles.

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedJul 17, 2013 at 5:34 am

Be careful. I broke a buckle trying to adjust one side when cranking down on the adjustment strap. Not field repairable.

PostedJul 17, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Also, if you stand the pack upright and then put a little pressure on the vertical frame to bow it a little, that will relieve the stress on the adjusting strap & buckle. This makes it much, much easier to make the adjustment.

Peter Bakwin BPL Member
PostedJul 17, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I'm finding that the tensioners pop loose as I'm walking. The cord locks seem inadequate and also hard to retension. In the end I'm not sure that I don't just prefer to hike w/o the "arc" anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...