Topic

SEKI Loop from Road’s End 7/4-7/6

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports SEKI Loop from Road’s End 7/4-7/6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James Castleberry

@winterland76

Three days, 75 miles. Crossed Granite Pass, Mather Pass, Pinchot Pass
    I didn't take many pics, especially the first day when I felt like crap from driving all night and from climbing up to Granite Pass. I'm especially sorry I didn't take any photos of Granite Basin, where it was getting dark when I arrived.
    All-in-all, a good loop hike with lots of up and down. Except for the 15-mile section from Wood's Creek bridge to Road's End, it was all new trail for me.
    I especially enjoyed the section between mather and pinchot.
    View from Mather Pass
    View from Mather Pass
    The area south of Mather Pass
    South of Mather Pass
    View from Pinchot PassPinchot Pass

Ultra-distance runner Leor Pantilat descending Mather Pass. I saw Leor last year on the High Sierra Trail, near Kaweah Gap, and it was nice to see him again. Leor_Mather

M G
    BPL Member

@drown

Locale: Shenandoah

Thanks for the pics. Incredibly low snow year well illustrated in these images. Heading that way in September myself, hope we'll have some water left.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

If those few photos are representative of your trip then it must have been awfully nice.

James Castleberry

@winterland76

It was quite warm, even up high and I was giving my Sawyer Squeeze a real workout on this trip. If you will be visiting in September, you might want to check back as the date approaches and see if anyone can comment on what water sources are still available. A thing to keep in mind with SEKI is that even if the map shows you are hiking along a river, sometimes the trail is well above the river and it isn't really practical to get to the water, even though you know it is fairly close.

Kiel Senninger
    BPL Member

@kiel-s

Locale: San Diego

Looks great! How were the mosquitos up there?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools