Topic

Chapsticking my nose

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJun 29, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I use clothing as my primary protection from the sun. I like to put a bit of sun screen on my nose, however, because, well, it's out there.

Today, while working in the yard, I smeared a bit of chapstick on my nose. Very handy and it is spf 30.

I wonder if anyone nose of a downside to this convenient practice?

Dan Yeruski BPL Member
PostedJun 29, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Down side is your nosetrils will start to look like lips. ;-) Hey, it's late in the afternoon, best I could do…

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedJun 29, 2013 at 1:52 pm

"I smeared a bit of chapstick on my nose."

Your aim is off. What is it like at meal time?

David Thomas BPL Member
PostedJun 29, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I do it at times. Sometimes just for the sunscreen. Sometimes to prevent my nose from getting as dried out if I'm sniffling and it's -15F out.

Clothing is great primary protection – better than any sunscreen. In between carving lesions off of me, my dermatologist's mantra isn't the usual, "Hat, long sleeves, sunscreen." but "Roof, hat, long sleeves, sunscreen." I do that especially in the tropics. In the breeze, but under the cabana. With a cold Corona.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...