Topic

Steripen Freedom Questions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Steripen Freedom Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Cameron M
    BPL Member

@cameronm-aka-backstroke

Locale: Los Angeles

The Freedom has a 1000mah battery, so I am guessing that a 3400mah 18650 battery should be able to charge it between 2.2 to 2.8 times. Have not been able to test this yet.

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

Steripen Freedom vs Ultra on 12/12/2014 15:31:48 MST  I like my Opti but I 'm enamored with the Freedom due to its light weight, small size, that it's rechargeable, and ability to treat water in a Gatorade bottle which my Opti won't fit in

strange… my opti fits in gatorade bottle…. tight, but it works

billy

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

It fits but stirring becomes problematic for me and induces error where I can't complete treatment. Perhaps more effort and determination is required on my part to perfect the technique but so far its been a no-go for me. There's a lid hack on here somewhere where a user was able to invert the bottle that seemed to work.

A secondary reason for me to make the switch would be to have a rechargeable UV lamp. I'm trying to get to a point where all of my electronics will run off of or can be recharged in field by an 18650 battery.

Thanks for the input thus far.

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

A secondary reason for me to make the switch would be…

Let's face it Ian… what you really want is a new toy… :)

Billy

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Ha ha! Busted!

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Well Ian, it's Christmas time… why not!

Maybe I'll get one too… as a present to myself !

Billy

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools