Topic

150g (5.3 oz) tyvek shoes on kickstarter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 150g (5.3 oz) tyvek shoes on kickstarter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Platt
    BPL Member

@jeremy089786

Locale: Sydney

I know these are currently aimed at hipster kids, but I could imagine something similar working well for the UL crowd?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

There are current 150g shoes from other manufacturers with tread designed for trails. These shoes also are made of mesh which is considerably more breathable than tyvek. It does have a price advantage but still too expensive given the performance disadvantages.

Jeremy Platt
    BPL Member

@jeremy089786

Locale: Sydney

Sorry for the repost!!

Andy Jarman

@andyjarman

Locale: Edge of the World

Tyvek shoes'd hold water wouldn't they? Especially low cut shoes like that.

I avoid mesh top shoes and go for close woven textiles to reduce the amount of dust and sand getting in. My mesh top shoes fill up with sand and force my feet out of the shoe when walking in dunes.

Columbia do fabric top trail runners about 250grams, Inov-8 used to do close woven Roclites at about 200-250 grams but have since changed to open mesh tops which is a great shame for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools