Topic

drinking straws

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedJun 9, 2013 at 8:25 am

Such a cool and brilliant Diy for storing items for cooking and emergency use items. found this over on bushcraftusa.com which I found that website over the weekend

Youtube video

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedJun 9, 2013 at 8:28 am

Use milkshake straws for a larger diameter. I've got some petroleum cotton balls stored in those.

PostedJun 9, 2013 at 10:50 am

Thanks for posting this! A lot really great ideas in the video. And to think that I have been throwing these things away for years.

David Thomas BPL Member
PostedJun 9, 2013 at 4:07 pm

McDonald's straws are a little wider and thicker material than many others.

Years back, McDonald's shortened their straws one inch, thereby saving 1 million pounds of polyethylene each year.

I like how the bush crafter labeled the straws with their contents ("salt", "pepper", etc). I'd note that for drugs, more info is better. adult dosage, pediatric dose, expiration date, etc.

PostedAug 24, 2013 at 8:30 pm

I was contemplating this exact idea recently… drinking straws as small one use or mini-volume UL containers. I hadn't played around w/ it yet to see how to fuse the ends best (or if you even could easily at home) though. Love all the diff uses, esp the emergency fishing kit. Great stuff! I'll need to watch more of his vids later too

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...