- Jun 8, 2013 at 6:36 pm #1303974
@ryanLocale: Central Rockies
We are soliciting photo essays/stories for a new series about one-night packrafting trips in the American Backcountry – and beyond.
Here's the skinny:
* Your article/essay should be less than 1,500 words and include photos and/or video of your trip.
* The trip should be an out-and-back overnighter and not require a shuttle. Loops and lollipop trips are OK, too. The focus here is on easy logistics and quick trips with a high fun factor!
* Include a description of the water (including whitewater classification, and descent rate in feet/mile if relevant) that you're floating. Flatwater or whitewater, lakes or rivers, it's all good.
* Your trip must take place in the backcountry and include either biking and/or hiking, and packrafting.
* A map of your route would be helpful.
* A gear list is optional but encouraged and won't be included in your word count.
Due Date: July 30, 2013Sep 7, 2013 at 7:39 am #2022632
Ken ThompsonBPL Member
@hereLocale: Right there
Any submissions?Sep 7, 2013 at 11:54 am #2022706
Sharon J.BPL Member
@squarkLocale: SF Bay area
I'd nominate Ike, except that it's nice having his trip reports freely available to everyone. Keep 'em coming!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.