Content Solicitation – Best Packrafting Overnighters
- This topic is empty.
Jun 8, 2013 at 6:36 pm #1303974Ryan JordanAdmin
@ryanLocale: Central Rockies
We are soliciting photo essays/stories for a new series about one-night packrafting trips in the American Backcountry – and beyond.
Here's the skinny:
* Your article/essay should be less than 1,500 words and include photos and/or video of your trip.
* The trip should be an out-and-back overnighter and not require a shuttle. Loops and lollipop trips are OK, too. The focus here is on easy logistics and quick trips with a high fun factor!
* Include a description of the water (including whitewater classification, and descent rate in feet/mile if relevant) that you're floating. Flatwater or whitewater, lakes or rivers, it's all good.
* Your trip must take place in the backcountry and include either biking and/or hiking, and packrafting.
* A map of your route would be helpful.
* A gear list is optional but encouraged and won't be included in your word count.
Due Date: July 30, 2013Sep 7, 2013 at 7:39 am #2022632Ken ThompsonBPL Member
@hereLocale: Right there
Any submissions?Sep 7, 2013 at 11:54 am #2022706Sharon J.BPL Member
@squarkLocale: SF Bay area
I'd nominate Ike, except that it's nice having his trip reports freely available to everyone. Keep 'em coming!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Our Community Posts are Moderated
Backpacking Light community posts are moderated and here to foster helpful and positive discussions about lightweight backpacking. Please be mindful of our values and boundaries and review our Community Guidelines prior to posting.