Topic

Stoked to get back out there!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Stoked to get back out there!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dave Jenkins
    Spectator

@jinx667

Locale: NC

Hey lighthikers,

I will be back from my Afghanistan deployment later this summer. It is very lame to be surrounded by mountains out here and not allowed to hike them.

I will have some new gear waiting on me to try out when I get back. I decided I wanted a pack with a frame, so I ordered up a Multicam ULA Circuit (Using a Jam currently). I also used my REI dividend to get a pair of BD Z-FL Distance poles to try out. I never tried them before because I was in-between sizes. Now I will just have to check when I get back if they will be a direct replacement for my other BD poles in my Lightheart Solo. If not, I will have to order up a new strut. I also picked up a Klymit Static V as a backup to my older NeoAir.

My buddies are planning a Yosemite trip again this year, so hopefully I will make it back in time for that.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Be safe over there.

Interesting yo me that you went multi cam. Thought you might be sick of looking at camo.

Dave Jenkins
    Spectator

@jinx667

Ha, you would think! I am in desert digitals, and I like Multicam. I almost went old school woodland, but MC won out in the end.

Dave Jenkins
    Spectator

@jinx667

My friend took delivery on my new ULA Circuit. It was at my door step about 3 days after ordering. I cannot wait to see it in person and get it loaded up.

ULA Circuit MC 1

ULA Circuit MC 2

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

They're so fast. Have fun!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools