Topic

I may have to buy one!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) I may have to buy one!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

This is kind of interesting, looks comfortable, and roomy, just a little on the heavy side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqImIChxJ-E

Jack

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

It's an enclosed hammock he is selling for over 1K..yipes.

Tom Lyons

@towaly

Locale: Smoky Mtns.

There would be no chance of finding anyplace to set that thing up in any of the woods around where I live.
    It simply requires too much open space, which is typically not available in the woods.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I like the comments on YouTube. Impractical, heavy, unrealistic. Sounds like here.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

nice comparsion Ken.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

It fits more into a tiny house category, and is reasonably priced for that, although there are more practical options for not much more money.

Troy Hawkins
    BPL Member

@ollyisk

Locale: Germany

Aside from the other issues, it's worth noting that this tent will also cause damage to the trees they hang them from unless they're putting a pad on the tree to protect its trunk from the grosgrain straps. Kind of like the issues that slacklining creates.

Anonymous
    Inactive

this is pretty funny to me.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I do like the concept, but like some have mentioned it's to heavy, exspensive and probably would cause damage to the tress with those big straps.

I just posted this to see what kind of a rise I could get out of people, you have to admit if this was scaled down for backpacking with lighter weights, less aggresive straps, and a decent price point, a lot of us would be all over this, cool concept though.

The first thing that came to mind for me was, someones going to hang themselves on those straps on a late night pee break. LOL

Jack

james
    BPL Member

@jamesbhikes

Locale: London UK, Greenville USA

ha ha, I kinda like them. Would be fun to pitch one high up, and then climb up to enter it using a rope ladder. They are probably wildly impractical for most situations, but the video made me smile.

The only problem is, you could just do the same thing using using a cliff tent, but this would probably cause near to no damage to the trees if you pitched carefully from multiple trees. That makes me want to buy a cliff tent :D. Does anyone know the lightest one available?

tree camping

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools