Topic

Long torso, Bearikade Weekender, What pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Long torso, Bearikade Weekender, What pack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Other than offerings by ULA, Cilogear, what companies should I be looking at? Lightweight of course. No need for hydration bladder. Simple design. Internal frame. 22+" torso. Muted color preferred.

Thanks.

Edit: Packing an Ohm now. Doable with the Weekender. A little more room would be nice.

Frank H.
    BPL Member

@porker110

Locale: Oregon

Hey ken,

Zimmerbuilt?

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Ken, how is the ohm with the weekender??? I am so drooling over the 2.0 but can't really justify it unless it can carry my full bear can relatively well….

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

the weekender will fit vertically; but not horizontally. the pack is not wide enough to fit the weekender horizontally. But it will take the Scout horizontally. I find I can get 7 days of food form me only into the Scout.

I like my canister up high and horizontally. Food is heavy and I like that heavy drum up high as I feel it balances better and carries easier.

putting the weekender in vertically doesn't leave a lot of room for other stuff..

bill

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

What Bill says is true. Doable, but I want better. I have a version 1.0 with the tiny wing belts. Would like a full padded belt for this pack.

As far as custom and all. Money is an issue. A warranty and ability to return it helps too. I live in a rural area and will have to have everything shipped for trial.

David Ure

@familyguy

You're like a Silverback.

I would look at the Granite Gear Crown. The long is really long and should fit your torso easily.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

I have the circuit and the weekender does really well in there. I do like the hip belt on the circuit quite a bit. And the new versions have the adjustable torso, too…which may help your silverback qualities.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Elemental Horizon makes an XL size that fits 23-25" torso,will let you pick the colors and are great to deal with on getting what you want.The Aquilo pack received a Highly recommended from Will Rietveld in his review,and He also loved the smaller Kalais pack in this review .

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have had this pack for about three years and use it with a Weekender. This pack is very comfortable even on day one of a long hike with the bear can. The hip belt is wide and doesn't slip down on the buttocks as readily as other packs even early in the hike before much of the food is consumed.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. More web shopping.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools