Topic

Long sleeve nylon button-up hiking shirt WITHOUT the “vent”?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Long sleeve nylon button-up hiking shirt WITHOUT the “vent”?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ozzy McKinney
    Spectator

@porcupinephobia

Locale: PNW

I currently use one of the nylon button-up fishing shirts from Columbia (no idea what it's called) for sun/bug protection. Love it. Except for the "vent" thingy in the back. I find that after a few days it starts to rub that particular spot on my spine. So, because I have nothing better to do, I'm looking for a similar, long sleeve, button-up, light nylon hiking shirt without the vent thingy. Oh… and in a tall size. I have found nothing. Anyone?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

LL Bean They offer the Cool Weave Trail Shirt in tall.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/78203?feat=504190-GN2&page=cool-weave-trail-shirt

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

Railriders.com

Matthew Reese
    BPL Member

@bradktn

Campmor makes a couple of different styles of nylon shirts. I've used them for years and hold up well and don't have the big rear vent. A plus is they are only about $25.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

No talls @ Railriders.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Patagonia L/S El Ray Shirt. Here's where I got mine, but in a different color:

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Patagonia-Men-s-Long-Sleeved-El-Ray-Shirt_10115001_10208_10000001_-1_

I also like that this one has snaps instead of buttons.

I think this one has been replaced . . . . Not sure what new model, though.

Edit: oops, didn't see you needed a Tall. Not sure Patagonia makes that.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

My Mountain Hardware Canyon nylon shirt has vents under the arms and down the sides. Very nice. However I just looked on line and they're showing this shirt with side AND back vent! Maybe look for an older model? Upf 30.
    Great flip up collar and front zip pocket.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools