I have read a lot of trip reports on this trail and from what I've read it is a very strenuous haul. The typical route is to hike east to west from Chepeta Lake to Mirror Lake which means you need 2 cars. The nasty thing about the Uintas are the thunder/lighting storms that appear out of no-where and a LOT of mosquitos!
Most of the trail is above the tree line so you are a walking lighting rod most of the time. I read an article about a few girls that hiked it a few years back. They were seasoned backpackers but the trail scared them shitless because of the lightning and thunder. You are almost at 10k elevation or above, and there are approximately 8 summits, King's Peak (13.5k elev.), being the highest (which is a must-do side trail that is quick to do). You can hike the first half of the trail and not see a soul before you reach King's Peak. It is very lonely albeit beautiful (I've hiked sections of this trail in the past). This trail has claimed the life of numerous people, some of which have still never been found, so a PLB is advised.
Even in the summer, it can get very cold at night. Combined with the volatile weather, this is NOT an area for tarps, bivys and quilts!
If you don't mind doing it over a week there are plenty of places to fish without significant detours.
Be careful about getting advice from Davy Crockett's blog listed above. That guy is a ultrarunning monster. He seriously downplays the intensity of this trip (he runs this trail in 30 hours where most take 7 days to hike it).
I was planning on packing it solo in August. I'm not sure if I will. If not this summer, definitely next.