Topic

Trails Days 2013 on the AT!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Trails Days 2013 on the AT!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

So…The big annual Appalachian Trail Festival in Damsacus, VA called "Trail Days" is being held May 17-19 (weekend after Mothers Day). I'll be driving down from PA again this year, so I was happy to see the list of vendors.

I'm particularly happy to see Six Moons Designs coming back (after missing last year and moving to a new location) since SMD was my first exposure to this thing called lightweight backpacking back in 1999(?)…I couldn't understand how this flimsy silnylon pack (essentially a garbage bag) could work on the trail. Of course, MLD will be there again with their awesome gear. Vargo will also be making that long drive down, and I am looking forward to see Brian's new Ti grill.

Here are the venders for this year. Let me know if you can drive in, and maybe we can have a BPL social. I can't wait to see what's new, and promise to post some photos and info on the new stuff.

Here is a report from last year's Trail Days. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=64575

ADVENTURE DAMASCUS

ALDHA

APPY TRAILS

APPALACHIAN TRAIL CONSERVANCY

AWOL / THE A.T. GUIDE

BLACK DIAMOND EQUIPMENT

BOREAS GEAR

BREEZY BRIGADE

CEDAR TREE INDUSTRY

ENO

FIFTY SENSE

HENNESSY HAMMOCKS

HYPERLITE MTN GEAR

JACKS R BETTER LLC, with ELEMENTAL HORIZONS, and DutchWare Gear

LIGHTHEART GEAR with TheStickPic

MOUNTAIN LAUREL DESIGNS

MOUNTAIN SPORTS LTD

nPower PEG

OUTFITTERS AT HARPERS FERRY

PASTA WENCH, INC.

SIX MOON DESIGNS

SQUATCH FILMS

THOR-LO, INC.

VARGO OUTDOORS

WILDERNESS LOGICS

YAMA MOUNTAIN GEAR

ZPACKS

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools