Topic

New Software

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Software

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Galen Benson
    BPL Member

@wanttoknow

I and I'm sure many others are appreciating the work you're doing.

c. c.

@chemicalcraig

Thanks a lot, but it's more fun than work for me. I just dug out an old laptop and it has a functioning version of XP! I'll let you know when I get a version uploaded.

c. c.

@chemicalcraig

Donnie Lacer

@donl

C.C. thanks for updating.

I have already entered a lot of information into the previous version. Dumb question, but how do I export it so that I can import it into the new version?

c. c.

@chemicalcraig

Good question. All of your info should be saved as a .db file in the folder that the program resides in, and should be named after the main gear list that you saved. The settings should be saved in a file called qr.ini. As long as those two files don't get deleted you don't have to do anything, just replace the program with the new one and you should be good to go. If you want to be safe you can make copies of the .db and .ini files before updating. Let me know if something goes awry.

Donnie Lacer

@donl

Thanks. I`ll give it a try and let you know if I encounter any problems.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Watched the video and it looks great! I've tried downloading it twice with no success.

c. c.

@chemicalcraig

That's strange, which version are you trying to download?

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

My Mac is up to date and I tried to download the Mac option from what you have listed on YT. I've tried a few times but I keep getting an error message "something about the image?"

I strongly suspect it's operator error but I'm not figuring it out.

Donnie Lacer

@donl

Works and I noticed that you added a way to track the cost of each item.

Sweet!

Galen Benson
    BPL Member

@wanttoknow

The xp version appears to run ok. Been too busy to check it out much. It also works well on my win 7 machine at work. Thanks a lot!

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools