Topic

Favorite pants?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Favorite pants?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anton Solovyev
    BPL Member

@antonsolovyev

Locale: Colorado, Utah

One thing to mention: shell pants do work as regular pants if you need them (bushwacking, colder conditions). Lack of breathability is compensated by side zippers.

This does not work in direct sun and heat, but nothing really does, I think.

Pete Garcia
    BPL Member

@pgjgarcia

Locale: Finger Lakes

For the past few years I've only really been going out when it was either hot or chilly without chance of being hot. When it was summer, I would only wear an old pair of Umbro shorts and had Montbell wind pants in my pack. In the shoulder seasons, I would sub out the shorts for my Mountain Hardwear Mesa pants. A few months ago, though, I picked up a pair of Columbia Silver Ridge II convertibles because they were on sale and I figured I'd give them a shot. I'd read so much about zippers rubbing and other issues with them, but after taking them on the trail for a quick weekend hike, I LOVE them. They can be found cheap, they are comfortable, and are very light. They might not be for everybody, but they are at least worth taking a look at.

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

+1 on the Columbia Silver Ridge pants. I have been wearing them for about 4 years now and love them.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools