Topic

Trail Designs stove replacement?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Trail Designs stove replacement?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Packman Pete
    BPL Member

@packmanpete

Locale: Rainy Portland

Here's what I did to pack it all up. Take the foster's can and squeeze the top just a little bit to make an oval opening. While you're squeezing it, drop the lid in and it sits on the bottom of the can. Stop squeezing the top and it goes back to round. Coil up the cone and insert it with the narrow point down into the can. You should have about an inch of the cone sticking out. I have an 8-oz fuel bottle that is cylindrical and narrow enough to fit inside the cone. Then I take the 12-10 stove, flip it over, and fit it on top so that the stove opening covers the cap of the fuel bottle, and the outer ring of the stove seals up against the cone. A nice tidy package. I wrapped a rubber band around from bottom to top and stuffed it into my pack. Gently and considerately. Until the rubber band came off and the stove moved around and next time I pulled it out one side was flattened.

I guess I need to find a perfect-sized stuff sack.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

caldera 4

caldera 1

I have since replaced this with a Caldera GVP, which allows the entire cone to be stored inside the Fosters can. Same packing with the cuben sack keeping everything securely inside. I bought the sack from zPacks, but can't remember the size.

Packman Pete
    BPL Member

@packmanpete

Locale: Rainy Portland

A picture is worth a thousand words. I did not realize the GVP cone was a different size! I have a Klymit sleeping pad stuff sack that my cook kit can fit into. I like the cuben fiber for sure.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools