Topic

Why is only the last page of a thread is available

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Why is only the last page of a thread is available

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tony Ronco
    BPL Member

@tr-browsing

I was reviewing some threads for ideas, and noticed that only the last page of a thread is available for viewing … the other pages are not listed. What's up with that?

Two Examples (from many):
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=74360

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=75552

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Tony,

Could be wrong, but the examples you provided look like the first page of the thread, not the last, since the first post is a question that subsequent posts try to answer or comment on. And since the dates are new, could be that they're only one-page threads.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Nothing is missing from those two threads.

What answer have you not found?

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

"What answer have you not found?"

What is the meaning of life?

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I checked the two threads you cited, including reading the first few posts. Both are only one-page threads. They are complete as is. The second one I am familiar with since I posted to it on Thursday.

Many threads here never go beyond one page.

doug thomas
    BPL Member

@sparky52804

Locale: Eastern Iowa

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

42, as in Douglas (Thomas Jerry) Adams?

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

"What's six times nine?"

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

That's 54

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

Precisely. Douglas Adams' sense of humour was never entirely logical. Thankfully.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Next weeks lottery numbers will be ?

Tony Ronco
    BPL Member

@tr-browsing

Foregoing the questions of life … (although I'm very interested in the next week's Lottery Numbers!)

All seems to be working fine now.

But allow me to provide some background on the situation that generated my original question …
    I assumed the examples I cited were multi-page (instead of single page) because when I scrolled to the "top" of the thread (where the "first" entry should be, where the path listing and the site's header reside & are visible) the subject listing of that "top" post started with a "Re: …"

In the first example (JMT on a Vegan Diet), the "top" post then was Sarah Kirkconnell's (which is actually the second post on thread).

In the second example (Pasta for FBC), the "top" post then was Jon Fong's (which is actually the fifth post on the thread)

Very Weird.

Since I can see everything is working fine now. Maybe it was my browser, firefox?. (by coincidence, I just updated to the latest version since this morning) Of course, this morning I had assumed it was the site.

With that out of the way …
    I'm still very interested in Ken's question on next week's Lottery Numbers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools