Topic

MSR Lightning Ascent Snow Shoes – All Sizes 60% Off – $108-$120

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals MSR Lightning Ascent Snow Shoes – All Sizes 60% Off – $108-$120

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    P S

@xeren

Locale: Southern California

how did you manage to damage them? just so i can avoid whatever it was. they seem pretty burly as it is.

Ken Nguyen
    BPL Member

@ninjapuppet

Locale: B-Town

It was my stupidity for reversing my truck over them.

However my 100kg mate also had a pair in size 30". With his 30kg backpack, his ascents also bent in the middle after just 1 day too but were replaced by MSR.

Bradley Danyluk
    BPL Member

@dasbin

Thanks, I will now try to avoid reversing my truck over them.

Is driving forward OK as far as we know?
    What about minivans?

Emmett Lyman
    BPL Member

@ejl10

Locale: Northeast US

Got my 25s today, and they look great. Can't wait till next season to get some miles on them! Even if MSR releases a new model next season, I was considering buying a used pair early season at IME in N. Conway for over $200. This is an excellent deal no matter what happens!

P S

@xeren

Just a heads up, REI has the MSR Snowshoe bags on sale for ~$27. Haven't seen them in person, but I would be surprised if they weren't well made since they're MSR.

Just waiting for a deal on a good pair of trekking poles to come around now.

P S

@xeren

Lightning Axis for $95, 25 inch, tomato red:

http://www.amazon.com/MSR-Lightning-Shoes-25-Inch-Tomato/dp/B003EZQ5NO

The Lightning Ascents are STILL on sale for $108 in 25 inch, $120 in 30 inch:

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

I saw this thread was still active and decided to see if they were still on sale and was surprised to see they were. The 30" yellow anyway, which is what I was trying to avoid buying. I already have a pair of 25" and tails but have found myself in deep powder wishing for more flotation a couple of times. Since they've been on sale so long, I took it as I sign that I should buy them. So I did. I wonder if my wife will interpret the sign the same way? :)

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools