Topic

Exped Wallcreeper

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Exped Wallcreeper

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mandy Kent

@vermontsilkie

Locale: rural New England

Did this item catch anyone else's fancy? I found my size on sale and was crazy enough to buy one of each; that is one made with 750 down and one made with Primaloft. I've always been a lover of down bags and garments but have to acknowledge the fact that down loses its insulating value if wet, and I live and play in soggy New England.

The Primaloft Wallcreeper is rated around 40 degrees and most say that is optimistic. Yesterday I was poking around in one of the outfitter shops and found an '05 Patagonia Micro Puff fullzip jacket at half price. Never had one of those either, always down. So now I'm testing my new artificial fibre dual purpose sleep/trail warmth system. I love the armholes that zip open on the Wallcreeper. There's something about being able to stick my arms out of my sleeping bag that is soooo satisfying. Imagine how much warmer my Wallcreeper becomes when I am wearing my Micro Puff inside it, maybe with arms out, maybe not. I will wear down sox, further enhancing the temperature rating.

The idea with the Wallcreeper is that you can wear it around your campsite in the evening, fastening the bottom around your waist with the drawcord, then retire without having to crawl into a cold bag cuz you got it already warmed up, just rock up on your haunches, flip the end down, refasten the cord and zee away. What I'm doing here is thinking of ways to enhance the dual purpose experience, fun.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Here's a review: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/exped_wallcreeper_sleeping_bag_review.html

Also check out our review summary on unconventional sleep systems.

Best of luck!
    Doug

Mandy Kent

@vermontsilkie

Locale: rural New England

Yup, Doug, thanks. Read both prior to purchase. In fact added my 2 cents worth to the unconventional sleep systems report, lightly scolding you guys for ignoring Stephenson Warmlite, an unconventional system from 'way back that thankfully is still going strong. Cheers from unconventional ol' she-goat in the New England woods.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools