Topic

REI Coupon?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI Coupon?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

My dividend is posted. I heard they may not have the typical 20% off member coupon this year. Can anyone confirm?

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

I was told by an online chat person that the 20% will come out on 3/22

Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

Excellent! Thank you.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

NM. My coupon does say starting on the 22nd. DOH!

Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

I just used my REI member coupon online w/ no issues. MEM2013

Andrew Zajac

@azajac

Locale: South West

Previous posters were correct. The coupon does not apply to GPS or PLB.

G Sticks
    Spectator

@voiceofsticks

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I have my 20% coupon…now what do I use it on? I'm building an UL kit and have most of the big ticket things already. Should I buy that Houdini finally (I can find it cheaper than 20% from REI with a coupon)? Should I upgrade my basic synthetic sleeping bag (light enough for my UL kit for now) to a swanky down option (I was going to hold out and get a quilt at some point). Should I upgrade my cheapy down hoody to a true UL down coat?

The only things I need from REI right now are little things…like platys, a SAK Classic and stakes.

Ideas?

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

You can get platys at STP right now for under $4

I picked up a Westcomb hoody made from Pertex Equilibrium. Mostly because there wasn't anything I really needed.

Rob Lee
    BPL Member

@ouzel-701

Locale: Southern High Plains

I didn't realize the coupon is 20% off a regularly priced item AND 20% off a REI-Outlet item. I wasted the Outlet discount on a $10 shirt:( I don't recall this double discount before. Maybe just never paid attention.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Unless REI made changes to its system — you can use the coupon for one item in the store — AND use the code online as well.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Oh great!??? Now I'm gonna be spending the rest of today looking for THREE things REI sells that I want.

Well, maybe not … dividend is quite small … divided three ways it might buy a pot grabber … is three pot grabbers too many?

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

How about maps and guidebooks.

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

REI Exclusions

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

Just got an email for 20% off a full priced backcountry.com item.

Code is SAVE20

valid thru April 7

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

the issues of someone with all the gear he thinks he needs…

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

This past week I got a 20% off voucher from backcountrygear.com and campsaver and 10$ off from EMS.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

the backcountry code won't work for Patagonia :(

that's three sad faces for anyone counting

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Feels silly to use a 20% coupon on some socks or a t-shirt or other sub $20 item, but that's about all REI carries that I'm interested in anymore…

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

I haven't looked online but I picked up 2 Pat merino 1 shirts in my local store. They were on the clearance rack though

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

^ next time you see a deal like that, shoot me email :)

I ended up using my REI 20% coupon and part of dividend on a pair of the new Brooks Grit 2's, if I like them I'll blow the rest of my dividend on another pair

Phillip Asby
    BPL Member

@pgasby

Locale: North Carolina

I bought a shirt in store and used 20% off, and just entered the code online at REI.com and it is accepting the 20% off as well…

So it does appear to work for three items assuming you have a store you can visit that has something you want in stock.

Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

Not sure if everyone is aware that the REI Visa generates dividends when you use it for any purchase throughout the year, not just those at REI. I use it as a regular credit card all year, pay off the balance each month, and generated a $850 dividend last year and $773 this year. Free money in my opinion. Most of my purchases go to cottage companies these days but REI gets my clothes/shoes/small items business that are most likely to be returned or need returned due to failure.

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

my REI Visa gave me $250 and I don't know what to buy with it, with $850 I'd be at a total loss!

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

Can't you take it as cash?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools