Topic

Gossamer Gear Miniposa released

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Gossamer Gear Miniposa released

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

Yup… it's up on the site now. Available in a couple weeks. Haven't even checked out the details yet… going to do that now :)

Now if Ron would just get his backorders cleared up and release the MLD Spirit shelter… I'd be a happy camper :)

http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/Miniposa.html

Stephen Nelson

@stephenn6289

Locale: Sunshine State

good find. nice to know that there are so many good options.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Oh, that's perfect. Wish this were available right now. I suppose I'll have to wait until after my thru-hike–don't you just hate it when actual hiking interferes with gear lust?
    -Mark

James Pitts

@jjpitts

Locale: Midwest US

It indeed looks like a great pack (and I am an avid Mariposa user/fan) but you know I have to wonder if it's fair to characterize the few oz difference between the Mariposa and the Miniposa as differentiating it as "ultralight". I appreciate the ounce shaving as much as anyone but when I think "ultralight" I think of something a lot lighter than this (specifically the Whisper which is probably my next step… been ready for it for quite a while now just not ready to take the "plunge".)

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Typically, three terms are used: lightweight, ultralight, and SUL. I'd call the Whisper an SUL pack and the Mari/Miniposa ultralight. Nothing that Gossamer Gear makes would be in the "lightweight" category- that's the realm of certain packs from Gregory, Osprey, etc.

My 2 cents.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

I'm confused—the GG site currently gives identical weights for both the Miniposa and Mariposa despite smaller volume. Is this correct?

Kevin Egelhoff

@kegelhoff

Locale: Southern Cal

I was told that there will be the full range of GG packs including the new Miniposa next weekend at the kickoff and I will report on it Monday !!

Grant Sible

@grantsible

Mark when is your thru hike? Which Trail. We ship to the trail all the time and beyond that may be able to arrange something for you depending on your departure and pack size…I'd love to get one of these on a long trail this season. If you're interested email me at [email protected]

Grant
    ps. The pack weights currently show as the same because we haven't been able to weigh enough of them in all sizes to be sure. The Mini won't weigh much less than the standard but should be a wee bit lighter.

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

I agree… I was also surprised by the weight… I thought it would be somewhere between the Whisper and the Mariposa. But I guess it's basically a Mariposa… with all the same features… just a slightly smaller volume… and really… the silnylon is the lightest part of the pack… all the weight is in the features… which they kept. Still… it would be a great pack for certain types of hikes.

BTW… my appologies for the original title of this thread. I saw it on their site and immediately thought it was available for purchase. I spoke (or posted) too soon.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Grant, I sent you an e-mail. After a minor postponement for a road trip, I will start the Appalachian Trail on Sunday April 22nd. Can't wait!
    -Mark

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools