Topic

Are Teva shoe/sandals a good choice as a camp shoe on a one week hike?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Are Teva shoe/sandals a good choice as a camp shoe on a one week hike?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TJ W
    BPL Member

@thadjw

One week segment of the Sierras this summer. I feel that I can even wear them through streams to save soaking my hiking shoes (when this is necessary).

Ideas and advice is welcome! TJ

Nelson Sherry

@nsherry61

Locale: Mid-Willamette Valley

Tevas are tanks. They're stupid heavy for backpackimg, imho. There are lots of much lighter choices out there. There are quite a few good threads on this site about light weight camp shoes.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

For creek crossings and camp, Tevas can work, but there are lighter options. Search the forums for camp shoes to see what others use. It would need to be a sturdier "shoe" if using to cross creeks also, so you don't fall.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/search.html?q=camp+shoes&fid=18

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Are you hikiing in boots?

Are you open to try hiking in trail runners/sneakers?

If so you could leave camp shoes off the list entirely.

If not, as mentionrd above there are many lighter options.

Edit: you do say hiking shoes.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

My size 12 Tevas weigh in at 16oz. Too heavy for me to justify as a luxury item.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools