Topic

The inevitable zombie invasion.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion The inevitable zombie invasion.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Burton
    BPL Member

@burtonator

Locale: norcal

How many of you say that you "love backpacking" but are really just training for the inevitable zombie invasion?

I know I am…

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Yeah, but you are related to Tim.

:)

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Kevin,

Are you ignorant of those of us who are training to be able to pursue folks like you who will be fleeing to the hills?

Nathan McCallum

@jnmccallum

Totally preparing for the zombie apocalypse here…..

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Yeah, it's coming. Too bad so many Americans think it's a joke. They are the ones who will become the next zombies.

But I've stocked up on gear, ammo, food, gold and women. What else would a zombie fighter need?

P.S.
    Scratch that last item. I can't afford the "high maintenance" of extra women.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> I can't afford the "high maintenance" of extra women.
    Fool.
    You can't eat gold.

Cheers

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Roger, Roger, whatever will I do with you? You're always thinking of something to eat.;o)

Well, if'n I wuz a tru ULer I'd have an inflatable woman.

(Is this thread degenerating?)

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Not just Zombies (love the Wlaking Dead). Even when I was reading The Road (such an amazing book) and he wrote about them setting up their trap I would find myself thinking what would be a good choice of trap for a post apocalyptic world.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What do vegetarian zombies eat?

Grrraainnsss.

But seriously, i think it's fairly probable that a challenging economic collapse, or at least severe depression will happen first in America and then around much of the World (to a lesser extent) in the near future. Some might call that "paranoia", but i call it realism and reading inbetween the lines. I do think learning about backpacking will help in this for sure and being fit and healthy will help for sure. (though you don't want to be a lean weight lifter type when food suddenly becomes scarce, for a few reasons).

The above is why i'm always somewhat torn between light weight and durability considerations. If someone like the above happened, you will want your gear and clothing to last a long time.

But then again, i have very, very little fear of death so i won't sweat all the above too much.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Hi Eric

Good Lord man, have you no imagination? Half a dozen strong young women, each carrying an extra 1 kg of YOUR gear, means you are carrying nothing!
    Ladies: please just reverse the sexes for your version.
    Others … um …

Cheers

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Inevitable? It's here. How many of you deal with half dead, brainless people everyday?

Their next 1450 cal. snack their only motivation.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

The old gold needed for Zombieland is Twinkies. Fortunately I stocked up before they went under. Huge freezer full.

doug thomas
    BPL Member

@sparky52804

Locale: Eastern Iowa

have every thing set guns, munitions, women( well maybe not women) food, but kinda wondering about a microwave to cook all the stuff i have frozen

Stuart Morris

@thestu

Locale: Victoria, BC

When the zombies inevitably come I'm heading for the open water, maybe find a nice island somewhere. I suspect the woods would get rather crowded, rather quickly.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

I wonder – are zombies edible?
    Lightly grilled over an open fire maybe?

Cheers

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

Anything is edible with enough barbecue sauce.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools