Topic

Suggestion anza borrego

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Suggestion anza borrego

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kevin winn

@kevin314gmail-com

I was thinking of doing a overnight backpacking trip in anza borrego this weekend. Any suggestion on what trails? Or additional info?

What I am looking for is less than 15 miles round trip, water sources, and interesting landscape.

Thanks
    Kevin

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Not a lot as actual trails per say. There are parts of the CA Riding and Hiking Trail. Anyway it is wide open. So the Willows area along Coyote Creek north of Borrego Springs has all you are looking for. I recommend stopping in at the visitor center. The docents there usually have a good grasp on current conditions. I like Rockhouse Canyon too. Do you have four wheel drive? If so you can get pretty far back in and then hike in A lot of the major washes.

I miss it there. Home away from home.

kevin winn

@kevin314gmail-com

Hey Ken,
    Ill check the Willows area. I have 4 wheel drive, thanks for the suggestion.

Kevin

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Is there not a Santa Ana wind coming for the weekend? Check that weather before you go.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools