Topic

Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Miller
    BPL Member

@fightingthetide

Locale: Southeast
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Good deal. My birthday is Tues if anyone is wondering what to get me….

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

These are the old model, with the plastic flick-lock fasteners. REI have been closing them out at 30% off for a couple of months now. I compared them with the new model that has the 'flick-lock pro' and a few minor design tweaks. I decided the latter was worth paying the extra for. I've been using the new model extensively for snowshoeing the last few weeks and they seem rock solid. Either way, while the BD Alpine Carbon Corks aren't UL, they are really well built and should last many seasons. Unlike my GG LT4s that snapped on my first outing last September :-(

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Tyler Miller
    BPL Member

@fightingthetide

These would be my first pair of trekking poles. I was looking at the BD Trail Ergo Cork's, but this sale pushed me over the edge. I figured it was because a new model was coming in, but I'm only hiking once a month at the most (getting back into it slowly) so I figure these would be great. Can anyone talk me out of them? I can't really spend much more than what these are on sale for.

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

I bought a set of aluminum Komperdell Titenal 2 for $55 and they weigh 16oz. So these dont seem all that. Id shop around.

Tyler Miller
    BPL Member

@fightingthetide

I can't find a pair of those online. Can you post a link? I'm looking for a set that has an ergonomic (angled) cork grip, powerlocks (no twist locks), and at least 130 cm. The BD Alpine Cork poles seemed to be the best deal that fit what I need (with this sale).

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Tyler, this is where Jim got his poles for $55 but the sale was almost a year ago.

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

@Ken,

You are welcome to use the pair I have any time you feel you might need them!!

Here is my own review of these hiking poles.

I gotta say, the more I use them the more that I am loving them.

Like others, when it comes time to setup your shelter at night, the last thing you want is a hiking pole that uses a twist-to-lock mechanism, that decides not to lock. Cannot begin to express how many times I have almost beaten my poles that use a twist-to-lock against a tree in utter frustration. The locking mechanism that BD is using is awesome!

Heavier? Oh yeah.
    Things I do not like about them? Yep.
    Will I keep using them? Without any hesitation at all.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

For those who like to save a few bucks and like to customize, you may want to check out this thread:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=50320

I made a pair with success and am working on another for my brother.
    Very durable and much more comfortable than I was expecting for such a cheap pole.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools