Topic

pee bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear pee bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Eric Eaton

@ericeaton

Hi all.

It's not really Urine Therapy. Its call Uropathy.

Here is some fine reading. There are books filled with people drinking some/all of their morning business. Some folks have claimed miraculous healing from doing so.

http://www.indiangyan.com/books/therapybooks/Uropathy/science_and_uropathy.shtml

I understand OJ makes in quite palatable. ;-)

Drink up.

Cheers,
    Eric

Steve Smith

@bardsandwarriors

Locale: Wales

Urine is sterile when it leaves your body. That clear yellow liquid is merely a watery solution of various minerals, vitamins, urea, etc that your body doesn't need. It is mostly good things, which are surplus to your body's requirements.

For instance, because of the urea content it can be used as a cream for dry chapped skin. The smell disapears moments after applying it. Obviously you should wash the area before it goes off. In hot weather that could be a few hours; in cold weather, up to a week.

But I would never drink from a pee bottle, as it probably has residues from pee which went off long ago.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Why I am glad I am a woman. Yes, most of us ladies have to get up at night to go pee.
    But hey, I get to stretch, unkink my back, stare at the sky maybe, get some fresh air-and most of all, getting back into your sleeping bag feels so good.
    And I don't have to carry a pee bottle ;-)

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

>>"I understand OJ makes in quite palatable.
    Drink up."

Bon appetit! >:-)>

Moi? No merci!

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

>Drink up.

If it's such wonderful stuff, how come the kidneys are discarding it? I trust my dumb kidneys more than I trust those people.

>But hey, I get to stretch, unkink my back, stare at the sky maybe, get some fresh air-and most of all, getting back into your sleeping bag feels so good.

Some of the most beautiful nights have been when it was nasty out when I went to sleep, then woke up in the middle of the night. By morning, bad weather again. But the memory of the clear sky without city lights…makes up for a bit of discomfort. Although there was that night when I climbed out of the hammock without putting on my snowshoes–and punched through up to my hips.

Eric Eaton

@ericeaton

Hey, I'm going to have to side with your smart kidneys now.

Also, do you think kidneys being smart had anything to do with that saying, "Takes kidneys"? I aways thought it was a sarcastic saying…

Eric

Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

Ok, this thread is getting a little weird, but if you are really interested, there is a chapter on urine drinking in the otherwise fascinating book "Honey, Mud, Maggots and Other Medical Marvels" by Robert and Michèle Root-Bernstein.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools