Topic

Best deal on a Montbell bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Best deal on a Montbell bag?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Mike, I own the MB set and a Prolite3. They are the same thickness, and equally comfortable on uneven terrain. The MB is lighter and cheaper though.
    You can order directly from Montbell.com, or find them using froogle.com. Choose the components so as to total the length you desire, for example, a 120cm pad, 30cm sit pad (inflatable or closed foam), and a 30cm pillow(currently unavaliable) equal a 180cm length set.

If you like, I will buy/ship them for you, and charge you only the actual shipping costs.(about $15 airmail to the US) Add 3% for paypal. PM me if interested.

For now, use any inflatable pillow and make tie strings to tie your pillow to the toggle holes at the end of the mat.

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

Hi Brett,

are you sure you're not a MB salesman?!!

I am also very interested in the MB pad set up. How would you rate the durability of the MB pads compared to the ProLites.

Thanks
    Jeroen

John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

I just found this thread (a little late), but I ended up choosing the 725fp #7. I wanted a temperature specific 50F bag for an upcoming thru hike on The Long Trail, and wanted to go UL. I narrowed it down to a Macpac Epic 150 (14.5 oz) and the MB (17 oz). Decided that the SS feature was worth the extra 2.5 oz. I, too, ruled out the Atom because of being just too snug for summer.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

John Haley, I hope you like your new MB bag!

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

I would rate the MB pads as LESS durable than the Prolite, although I've never punctured either one. The MBs sacrifice durability to be the lightest pads per unit volume. I use mine mainly inside a a tent, so durability is not an issue. If I were sleeping directly on the ground or snow/ice, friction/punctures could be more of an issue.
    BPL's Miguel had some issues with de-lamination on his MB pad; you might PM him about that.
    But, a repair kit is included with every pad; and you would carry that anyway, right? :)

ps, no Im not a MB salesman, but I think I could have been a good one. I'm an engineer; and I encourage people to buy all the products I'm excited about, some MB products, jetboil, caldera cones, Snowpeak Titanium stoves and lanterns, BlackDiamond climbing equipment, Smartwool merino, Inov-8 trail shoes, GraniteGear packs, etc. etc.. all best of the best IMO. Maybe I should have been a gear retailer.. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools