Topic

Innov8 Terroc 330 Users – Common Wear Points?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Innov8 Terroc 330 Users – Common Wear Points?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

I'm looking to find out from those of you out there that wear Innov8 Terroc 330s, what are the common wear points that one might want to reinforce for a long trip? What has worn on you and how would you recommend reinforcing it from the start?

TIA!

KJ

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

On mine, the dark blue lugs (especially the ones behind the metaflex groove) seemed to wear more quickly than the black lugs. The mesh uppers developed small holes just above the metaflex grove. No problems with stiching blowing out.

No suggestions on how to reinforce…

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

John

Do you feel the holes that develop in the mesh (seems common from what I've been reading in reviews) would benefit from a coat of something like shoe-goo, or do you feel it would wear a hole through still?

KJ

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Every pair I've had of those has always worn on the inside fabric by your heel faster than the rest of the shoe.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Ken

Do you feel they will make it through the entire length of the JMT without issue, or should I plan to replace them at a particular restock? I only ask all these (probably) silly questions, because I have zero experience with Innov8 shoes. The Terroc 330s couldn't feel more perfect on my feet and I would like them to be my JMT shoes for next year.

I want to get them now and run them through a few trips next year, but want to test out reinforcing the common wear points off the bat and see how they hold up through a few trips.

KJ

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I think if goo penetrated the mesh it would help a bit, as I believe the wear is coming from the inside out — toes rubbing on the fabric as it flexes…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

They should hold up. Don''t forget you can thermo-mold the heel cup for a better fit. Soften them up with steam from a kettle and strap them on just as soon as you not burning yourself will result.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

no problems on mine.

Only have ~350 miles though, mostly on the AT

I wouldnt expect any single pair of shoes to last the length of the JMT

Do wish they dried faster, less material, etc. Other than that I dont have any complaints except how dirty my socks can get, but thats true of any shoe with a lot of mesh.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

the plate will start showing, holes in the mesh, the stiching at the toe box may come out, the heel cup will flatten out …

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Eric

Oof! How many miles on that pair?

KJ

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

i never count miles ;)

theyve been used and abused for a few seasons of climbing, scrambling, trail running, etc …

i still use em .. waste not want not …

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools