Topic

Good Inov-8 retailers?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Good Inov-8 retailers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Nelson

@nick0n1

Locale: Southwest

After reading all the great things about Inov-8 shoes, I'd like to give them a try. I'm not sure which pair is for me. I'm trying to decide between flyrocs, roclites, and terrocs. I know that I could buy several pairs from a site like zappos but would rather avoid the hassle. I live in southern New Mexico, where there aren't any local retailers. Over the next two month's I'll be visiting the following areas: Phoenix (driving through Tucson), the tri-cities area of Tennessee (northeastern corner) and Asheville North Carolina. After checking the Inov-8 website I've found several potential retailers, but for convenience I am asking if anybody has experience with specific locations. In particular I'm looking for a location that carries several different models of shoes.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I asked some friend in Phoenix where they would recommend, but no answers yet. If you ever get to the SF Bay Area, I would highly recommend Zombie Runner. They were one of the first places that sold Inov-8 in the USA, and have a great selection of minimalist shoes.

–Mark

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

I see a bunch of them for sale. What's up?
    Duane

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Sole sports used to carry the roclite 295s in Phoenix but not sure if they still do. Out here I've had a hard time finding a place that carries them. Flagstaff has a running store that has quite a bit of shoes but it's out of your way by about 2 and a half hours.

Summit Hut in Tuscon carries the new trailrocs (I haven't bought them but wore them in the store and think they have a good chance of being the best shoe for desert trails. Low and flat sole good for scrambling on slick rock but enough tread for our loose dirt and gravel areas too). Summit Hut is a great place to visit and should be helpful even if they don't carry many models.

SW just doesn't seem to get much in store love for Inov-8 yet, but good luck and if you find a great place here in AZ let me know ;)

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

just because a store is on their website, doesnt mean it carries many. they might only have 1 pr of road shoes. They might have none, maybe they carried 1 pr 2 yrs ago. Always call first.

Honestly, for selection, best bet is online retailer with free shipping and free return shipping. I use runningwarehouse.

MIchael MacCormac
    BPL Member

@mmacc

the clymb and left lane sports 6pm all have sales on

Patrick Matte
    BPL Member

@jpmatte

Its a bit of a drive (4.5 hours)from Asheville but Natural Strides in Woodstock Ga. has quite a few to choose from.

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

I bought my pair of Inov 8's at the Asheville store, FootRX. It's a small place but they had a decent selection and spent lots of time with me to get the right trail shoe, which was the Inov 8's. They have a 30 day return policy, I think, as long as the shoe isn't dirty or damaged.

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

Nicholas,

Check out Running Warehouse online. They have a big selection of shoes and also have a "how the shoe fits" tool that will tell you what size would fit best based on a shoe that you may already have. They also have an excellent return policy.

Running Warehouse Inov-8

Mike

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools