Topic

Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness: Photo Essay

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness: Photo Essay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

@Kirt – An adapter from Jens Färber ([email protected]). It's a simple machined plastic ring with double sided tape that sticks right onto the camera front. It's "weightless" (!) and almost silly in terms of its practical engineering, and works flawlessly.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Great photos and captions, Ryan. Torie and were hiking some of those same sections over the 4th of July weekend. Such a spectacular place!

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

The APW has been on my wish list for many years. My dream trip would be hiking the CDT from the Canadian border to the APW southern border.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

spam

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Greg, are you hitting the red flag on these? I think that's the only way the mods find out!

John Yates
    BPL Member

@yates

Ryan,

I like the pictures. Can you give any details about the tripod you used?

Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

I'm also interested in the tripod details.

Also curious which container you used to treat the water with the steripen. Were you using the ziploc 24oz bowl or the Jetboil and just treating less than a liter at a time?

And very nice photos. That's an interesting effect on the limestone creeks picture.

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

I too am interested in the tripod…

You can catch a glimpse of it with a few little details here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigskyry/8000885134/in/photostream

Mark Smith
    Spectator

@banditfist

Locale: Southeast

@Chris: I was on the trip with Ryan and Chris Wallace last year. I think that I remember Ryan using a platypus that he cut off a fourth of it so that you could scoop water, use the Steripen, and then drink.

@Ryan
    : I almost contacted you about trying to slide into this trip. Seeing the pics makes me see I made a mistake, even if I would have lost my job. Next time!

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

Beautiful pictures and inspirational packlist with useful comments.

Keep up the good work!

/Peter S

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools