Topic

I need a favour from a forum member

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals I need a favour from a forum member

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Nikola Sijan
    Spectator

@sijannikola

I am very interested in Golite Poncho Tarp which is currently on sale on golite.com. Unfortunately they dont ship internationally. I was wondering if some good soul could reship it to my Australian address once the tarp is delievered to his home address.
    Ill pay all the costs via Paypal. Thanks!

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Hi Mika,

One thing time bear in mind Is that they will only take a US credit card, a friend of mine from the UK had that issue and I used my card to order.

I can get it for you but I only Drive to main post every other week as local one only ships domestically.

Send me a Pm and we can work some thing out.

Cheers,

Stephen

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> they will only take a US credit card
    This always amuses me. Visa, Mastercard, etc are all international. The money is transferred from the CC company to the company's account. I don't know where they got this idea from, but it is sheer stupidity today. Sigh – but you won't convince them.

You could offer Paypal?

Cheers

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Yep, and the same company does not take cash in it shops.
    I wonder what happens when a tourist try's to buy something.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

"I wonder what happens when a tourist try's to buy something."

They put them in marketing:

GoLite marketing

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Is that a tariff free solution?

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Nice one Dale :-)

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Then again, they might follow the Brit's lead and exile them to a demi-continent in the Southern Hemisphere suitable for raising sheep and grumpy tent designers :D

With that, if I can be of any help, PM me.

Nikola Sijan
    Spectator

@sijannikola

Stephen helped me, thanks a lot!

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

It's pleasure to help out Mika, hopefully you should have it in a few weeks.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Are you sure they won't sell/ship internationally? They used to say this on the website and it would reject me when I tried to place a Canadian order, but sometime in the last year things changed. The website still says no international orders, but if you actually try to place one for Canada, now it works. It sounds like it's too late to try this now, but if you didn't already, next time try actually using your credit card and see if it goes through.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Interesting to know Dan

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

They won't take cash, won't take foreigner's money, and charge 60% of the retail price to ship to Alaska (cause they won't use the post office).

I see a pattern of being overly reactive to little issues (one employee pilfered?, a few Nigerians scammed them?, UPS offered them a few percent off to be their exclusive shipper?) but thereby making themselves hard to do business with and increasing getting a bad reputation.

That's works as long your stuff is insanely great and no one else's is. Those situations tend not to last too long.

Glad the OP found a solution.

Nikola Sijan
    Spectator

@sijannikola

I have checked up with their customer service, they definitively dont ship internationally since they are "us market oriented."

Ben Olsen

@bentho

Dale Whitton
    BPL Member

@dwhitton

Locale: Sydney

Hey Mika – did you call Golite ? I'm also in Oz and ordered a couple of soft shells a few months ago. Their online ordering system repelled all attempts to give them money, however when I called them they were happy to take my credit card details.

I did have to ship via a freight forwarder. Have to admit that I only persisted due to the bargain basement prices.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools