Topic

Bullets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Simon Wurster
    BPL Member

@einstein

Locale: Big Apple

• Item 1
    • Item 2
    • Item 3

• Item 1
    • Item 2
    • Item 3
    Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I've used a dash as a bullet before…How did you get your pretty bullets to appear and, more importantly, will a wrapped line following the bullet automatically indent to leave the bullet standing alone on the left?

If so you have to share – I think a lot of people here could make their points much more clear by using bullets in lieu of paragraphs…

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

It will wrap. It's html.

Trying to show html here is frustrating. Use this pastebin link instead to see and download the html.

• text 1
    • text 2, wrapped line …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. …………. ………….
    Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Thanks for the tip…

Here's my attempt:

Some of my favorite foods are from Packit Gourmet, including:

• Jump Start Fruit Smoothies
    • Austintatious Tortilla Soup – The extra hot sauce and the lime crystals (along with the cheese and the tortilla strips) really make this a perfect starter, especially if it's cold or wet outside.
    • Zydeco Red Beans and Rice – Another cold-weather favorite, the sausage needs to be cut beforehand, but it all heats together in a coosie and comes out piping hot and delicious.
    Lance M
    BPL Member

@lancem

Locale: Oregon

You can also create a bulleted list directly by wrapping the text in HTML code.

• The <ul > tag opens an unordered list.
    • The <li > tag opens a list item.
    • The </li > tag closes a list item.
    • The </ul > tag closes the unordered list.

The BackpackingLight forum software provides the rest of the HTML code (and some extra spacing).

Example:
    <ul >
    <li >Point number one.</li >
    <li >Point number two.</li >
    <li >Point number three.</li >
    <li >Point number four.</li >
    </ul >
    Gives you:

• Point number one.
    • Point number two.
    • Point number three.
    • Point number four.

You can also do numbered lists by using the ordered list tags.

Example:
    <ol >
    <li >Point number one. </li >
    <li >Point number two.</li >
    <li >Point number three.</li >
    <li >Point number four.</li >
    </ol >
    Gives you:

1. Point number one.
    2. Point number two.
    3. Point number three.
    4. Point number four.

Hope this helps FWIW.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Am I missing something?

1. I can just type like this

2. It seems faster than coding

3. It takes as much forethought as html

4. So what is the advantage?

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Am I missing something?

Ken,

At the end of the day I think it boils down to personal style preferences. I use both approaches depending on the situation but I do find value in coding HTML when I want the result to look like this:

1. Some folks (like the guy I see in the mirror each morning), are known to be long winded and run on and on with needlessly long complex explanations of simple concepts just because we can't find a concise and elegant way to say the silly thing that has just come to our minds, perhaps we same folks are also prone to write long run-on sentences.

Instead of this:

1. Some folks (like the guy I see in the mirror each morning), are known to be long winded and run on and on with needlessly long complex explanations of simple concepts just because we can't find a concise and elegant way to say the silly thing that has just come to our minds, perhaps we same folks are also prone to write long run-on sentences.

But in the end, it's a personal preference (unless one is writing for an edited journal).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

OK

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools