Topic

SuperUltralight Temperature Indicators for Outdoor and Body Temperature/Fever Indication

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals SuperUltralight Temperature Indicators for Outdoor and Body Temperature/Fever Indication

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    david
    Spectator

@davidvcd

Hi, do you have any left ? interested in 2 full sets (+ vinyl +lower temperature).
    I have already sent a PM.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

David

You're in luck! I currently have exactly two sets left in stock.
    …more expected Monday or Tuesday.

For some reason I did not receive a PM from you. I think I may setup an email address for all of this instead of using the very painful PM system here on BPL.

I've sent you a PM with ordering/payment details.

KJ

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

I now have more indicators back in stock.

KJ

david
    Spectator

@davidvcd

Sent my payment, hope it went through.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

David

Yup! Sent you a PM last night saying I received the payment and that they'll be shipped out today. It's all packed up and sitting right next to me, ready to be dropped in the mail on my way home.

I've given up on the BPL PM system because of people not getting PMs (like has appeared to have happened with you also). I have created a gmail account for correspondence from here on out. The email address is feathertrekgear (at) gmail (dot) com. I have also added it to the OP.

Thanks for your business David!

KJ

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Ken, the temperature indicators arrived today. Your clever packaging kept them safe and protected while enroute. With our temperatures hovering around 40* F all day, I took them to the patio, along with 4 other thermometers, as I wanted to compare them all. All of them registered the exact same readings over the course of several hours. These strips seem to work as advertised, folks. I like the fact that everything weighs a scant 8 g. on my scale–the 3 strips ranging from 26*F to 120*F (-3*C to +49*C), the cold strip (-22*F to 32*F, or -30*C to 0*C), and the forehead body teperature strip, all contained in the protective vinyl case. I for one am glad that I bought them. Thanks, Ken.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Gary

I'm glad the indicators arrived safely and you are enjoying them! I appreciate your business and your kind words.

KJ

James Tisdale
    Spectator

@jameyt

Locale: PaNW

everything works as advertised. great kit

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Jamey

Glad you're happy with the kit. How do you/have you chosen to use apply/use your indicators?

Everyone else that bought a kit, what do you think of it? Was it what you expected it to be? Are you happy with the indicators? How are you making use of them?

I'd love to hear back from you.

KJ

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Ken, I still like my indicators. The 26*-120*F strips seem pretty consistent and accurate. However, the cold strip (-22*–+32*F) strip is pretty psycho. When the temps got down to +29*F, the small hard-to-read cold strip couldn't decide whether the temp. was 32*F or 23*F. So this one will be fairly useless for me. But that's OK, as if I think it will be getting down below freezing, I'll be taking a dependable thermometer with me anyway.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Gary

Thank you for your feedback.

Are you saying that neither of the 32*F and 23*F markers were green when the temp was 29*F? If so, this makes sense because of the wide gap in temps measured by the smaller lower temp indicator. i.e. – Maybe the 23*F was blue colored and the 32*F was colored brown? These indicators markers will only become green when they hit that exact indicated temp points measurement. A temp slightly higher may mark that indication point anything from a greeny gold to a dark reddish brown (depending how far up from that point the temp becomes). A temp slightly lower will vary from teal down to cobalt blue (depending how far down from that point the temp becomes).

If it wouldn't cost me the $3,000+ quoted to make a run of 16-level lower temp/cold weather strips, I would have them produced. Unfortunately these 9*F between measurement lower temp indicators are all that the company has readily available for such lower temps.

If the indicator is doing something other than what I explained, please let me know because there is the possibility that they might be a bad run or something, and I'd like the manufacturer to test them if so.

If you are still unhappy with the lower temp indicator after my explanation, please let me know and I will happily refund the difference via Paypal. I only want happy customers.

HTH

KJ

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

No worries, Ken, we're good. Next time the temps dip below freezing I'll play with them again.

Dan S

@djstwo

Locale: Southern California

Nice attitude Dave… (yikes)

Buying some, first because it's a good idea, second because he made the effort and pulled this together, and third to spite you and balance world karma ;).

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Dan and Greg

Just spotted both of your emails and replied. Sorry for the delay. I thought BPL had deleted this thread on me a long time ago. This thread was my only marketing of the item.

KJ

jared kaltenbach
    BPL Member

@swinginit

Do you still have these available?

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Yes

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools