Topic

Stoic Vaporshell 69% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Stoic Vaporshell 69% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Duane Klinge
    Spectator

@ksc

I got the jacket Friday. Med. Burnt/Red Rock.
    I found the hood elastic cords that exit out of lower part of hood had some defects where they terminate with plastic tabs. The left one was not attached around elastic part of cord and the right one had a slight gap at rounded part of tab that created a sharp edge. I did a shower test for about 5 mins and was a little disappointed that most of the jacket wetted out. The DWR at least on this jacket was poor. Internally totally dry. The arm pits have 2 zippers that I guess allows for fine tuning venting.
    I am 5'11" about 168lbs and Medium fit fairly well with light layer. Maybe slightly tight with heavier layers. This one is being sent back. Not sure I'll get a replacement.

oliver hulland
    Spectator

@oli_h

Looks like Stoic is clearing out stock as this is back at Backcountry. I still really like the one I ordered last year. It's held up better than my Patagonia shell that started delaminating (but which they happily replaced).

http://www.backcountry.com/stoic-vaporshell-jacket-mens

Brian Lindahl
    BPL Member

@lindahlb

Locale: Colorado Rockies

The armpits/chest are pretty tight on this one. I'm usually a medium, but I bought a large, and it was still too tight of a fit. I found this to also be true of my Stoic Wraith (but not a big deal as a windshirt – no layering needed underneath). I think their shell jacket pattern is a bit off. Their down jacket did NOT have this problem.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

Worked well for what I paid for it. Compared to my GoLite, it is heavier, and YES, the cut is a little tight in the shoulders/pits.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Still too small for me, didn't change the sizing Backcountry said.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

great deal on the anaroak at 38 bucks with today's 20% off one item coupon…ADD20 (from homepage)

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@bluelou

Locale: Not close enough to the Rockies

Thanks for the heads up. Just grabbed one.

Jeremy
    BPL Member

@jeremynova

Locale: NoVa

What's the coupon? Didn't see it in me email?

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

it's on the homepage of the outlet: "add20". I couldn't find anything about how long it's good for.

Mike Muralt
    BPL Member

@mmuralt

I bought 2 of these 2 years ago and found that they wetted out almost immediately. That is going to cut down on the breath-ability. I don't know if I got defective jackets, but I returned them. Do these new ones have a decent water resistant coating that keeps the water beading up for a long time?

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

Just got a medium anorak, and it does fit very snugly in the body, as reported. Hood fits tight to the head, and turns well as the head turns. Don't think a helmet would fit under it, on me, anyway. This is the fit I prefer, as I never wear a helmet backpacking.

I wear a 15 3/4-34 shirt, and the anorak sleeves are perfect on me. As mentioned elsewhere above, the Velcro closure at the cuffs seems amazingly worthless. Side zip is great for on-off. Ran a sleeve under the sink faucet for a minute, no immediate obvious wet-out, but of course longer exposure might be different.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools