Topic

The 3 Pass 3 Day Seki Challenge!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports The 3 Pass 3 Day Seki Challenge!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Ken, you could return the darn cat.

There. Problem solved.

–B.G.–

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

naw Bob, his return by date has long since expired…he is 11 years old and I have way too much money invested in the ole bugger. I did not like my Salomon's anyways. REI has nice return policies :)

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

REI has a nice return policy that covers everything, including CATastrophes.

–B.G.–

Rick Horne
    BPL Member

@rick778

Locale: NorCal - South Bay - Campbell

"REI has a nice return policy that covers everything, including CATastrophes."

Good one Bob!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

agree Rick!

Since Jack is mentioning pack weight then I came in at 21 pounds and 7 ounces…..hah!

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Back with more pics

Where the heck are we guys? We're on the 3 day SEKI challange, DAH!

map

Justin's home away from home.

Hexamid

Another beautifull night in the Sierra.

clouds

I like flowers, pretty pretty flowers. "Snap out of it Jack, you're freaking out the other hikers"!

flower

Sunbeams on a stream.

stream

Does anybody know the name of this flower?

flower

There goes the sun, nighty night.

sun

Are these purple or lavender?

flower

Is this the stair way, I mean switch backs to heaven?

stairs

Adam at the top of Forester Pass

adam

Hmmmmm! how do I get over there?

Lake

scary

Todo we're not in Kansas anymore, or are we?

view

view

view

Justin and his Karate Kid move, but instead of chop sticks to catch a fly he uses trekking poles. We're not worthy, oh power of the fly catcher.

Justin

Rollin, rollin, rollin, oh these hills keep rollin.

hill

Sit back and enjoy the view.

mountains

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

The flowers:

The pale magenta flower with yellow center is some variety of Shooting Star.

The reddish flower on the green stalk is a succulent, probably close to Roseroot, Sedum roseum.

The pale purple cluster flower is one of my favorites, Sky Pilot, Polemonium eximium. I'm guessing that you shot it near the top of Forester Pass because I never see it much below 12,500'.

–B.G.–

Anonymous
    Inactive

"The pale purple cluster flower is one of my favorites, Sky Pilot, Polemonium eximium. I'm guessing that you shot it near the top of Forester Pass because I never see it much below 12,500'."

Mine, too. Fairly rare and the fragrance is heavenly. I found it up along the Kings-Kern Divide years ago at Milly's Foot Pass and Lucy's Foot Pass. Never at lower elevations, as Bob said. Thanks for the picture Jack. Now if you could just have captured the aroma……

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

The fragrance is heavenly, but only if you find it within the first few days of its full blooming. One time I watched a pika approach the flower, and it seemed like it only wanted to sniff it. Then he gave up and ate the good parts like any self-respecting herbivore.

I expect to be up there near Milly and Lucy in a few weeks, but the flowers will likely be dried up by then.

–B.G.–

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools