Topic

Good bye…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Well I'm off for a few trips and adventures. Might be back in a couple weeks, maybe more.

Richard Cullip
    BPL Member

@richardcullip

Locale: San Diego County

Have fun and stay safe out there.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Have fun and watch out for those big boulders!

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Well I'm off for a few trips and adventures. Might be back in a couple weeks, maybe more."

I'll be looking forward to some good pictures and a few lies to embellish them. ;)

Have a great trip!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

enjoy your time away, Nick.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Have a great, safe trip Nick!

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Are you and Roger trying to rub our noses in the dirt for having to work through the summer?
    I wish I could go with either of you- have fun be safe.

David Ure

@familyguy

I will be leaving on a trip sometime in the near future. Just thought I would let you all know as I suspect it will affect your life in some meaningful way.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I have several trips planned for the near future.

I'll make up for it when I get back.

It'll be like I was never gone!

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I'll be sitting at my desk for the next few weeks. Safely hidden away from prying eyes, while all of you are out there roaming the wilds. Have a fire waiting for me if I get back. You never know about those domestic dust devils and indoor water sources.

Have a safe and unforgettable trip, Nick!

David Ure

@familyguy

Are you teaching over the summer?

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

David, yeah. Japan doesn't have summer-long breaks like in North American schools. I do, luckily, get 3 three weeks off in August, so better than nothing. My school is pretty miserly compared to most universities in Japan, who get a month or more off. That said, most of the non-teaching staff at my school (the office staff and custodial workers) get a mere three days summer vacation, and since most Japanese also work on Saturdays, I really can't complain. I don't know how the Japanese keep it together. Everyone is always exhausted and locked in this hellish 9 to 10 routine, including very long, sardine-can train commutes… and they all complain about it. Thing is, give most of them more than a week off and they have no idea what to do with themselves. I know what I'd be doing !!!. Nick's definitely got the right idea!

David Ure

@familyguy

Time to return stateside? Time is too short….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools